Thursday, July 31, 2014

The CHA Paper Arts Show on Thursday

 Welcome to another post about the show. It's been great fun checking out the new product or soon to be new product. Remember, some of these items are just starting production. Some will be shipping right after the show and others may not be available for many months. Still it's exciting and fun to see trends. More on the trends later.
Today I tried to take a lot of photos. As usual, check out the photos on my Facebook page until I get home and can revise my blog posts with the pictures. Today's tour is exhaustive but not complete. I recommend visiting your favorite manufacturer's site to see and read more.
My first stop of the day was Bo Bunny. I know it's a favorite with many of you. I did discuss the travel line called Souvenir line on my class post earlier in the week. Love that line. I like the way Bo Bunny often has ephemera packs that go with their collections. So nice for those who want a little help in assembling that page or card. I'll start my discussion with a little Christmas in July by discussing Bo Bunny's Candy Cane Lane collection. It's a beautiful green moving towards the blue side of the color wheel matched with bright and soft pink. Red, grey and blue are part of the palette as well. White is the base. Bo Bunny products mix well with their other collections when it comes to color. Lots of pretty co-ordination embellishments with doily stencils, flowers, pearls and stamps, and great chipboard and die cuts with a Christmas theme. Christmas Collage is another line with traditional Christmas red and green mixed with brown and a golden yellow. Again a fun array of  embellishments. Reindeers are prominent in this collection. Madeleine is a feminine collection in a pink, green which has a hint of blue in it, burgundy and gold with flowers and bird cages. Wild card is a more  a masculine line with blue and burgundy as prominent colors with cream, white, brown and aqua. Playing cards, steering wheels, games are featured and stripes, dots and chevrons, too.
Bo Bunny fans will have plenty to play with and I think some of these lines will attract new fans.













Next, I dropped by Echo Park/Carta Bella with lots of fun colors and cheery holiday collection. I liked seeing red, white and blue in Carta Bella's winter line by Alisha Gordon called All Bundled Up with swirls, snowflakes and snowmen. Fun line to document winter play. Their Christmas Time by Carina Gardner used classic red and green with kraft and white. I know some folk want classic colors and theme for their holiday pages. I can see this collection working well with the trendy burlap accents so popular now! Alisha Gordon's Home for the Holidays line also has a similar palette and includes a deeper green and red. Alisha Gordon also has a line called Moments & Memories that gives a fresh look to vintage elements like fanciful frames, chandeliers and French parlor chairs. It has a great word sheet for those word strips that are current popular embellishments on scrap pages and the palette is a golden green and aqua green with corals, black, white and a deep blue.
Echo Park has Lori Whitlock's very cheery Fine and Dandy. Sweet creatures with birds, butterflies, turtles and bees and popular items like cameras, banners, mason jars, flowers and camper images in red, yellow, and blue with a green that has more yellow than blue in it. Whimsical and good for kid pages.
















Next door to that booth was Tilli Thomas/ Planet Earth Fiber with an amazing collection of fibers. Nancy Nally directed me to this delightful booth. We both love fibers. I wish I could have photographed the textures. The feel is splendid. Great for needlepoint but would be terrific on home decor projects. Not to mention, jewelry. Well, yes, I'll mention it. The hand to this material is so lovely it would feel wonderful on the skin. I can see a braid or weave of the fibers as a necklace or trim on a decorated box or pretty little roses or bows made from the ribbon. A strip of the ombré ribbon or the cord would be a lovely page embellishment. Just beautiful!

 








No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...