Thursday, July 31, 2014

Paper Arts Show continued

 Paper Arts Show is on today's agenda but first a quick post about how I spent my time at the show late yesterday. Lots of late day internet problems had me struggling with posts later in the day. So, today, I'm not promising any photos on Facebook to be prompt as that seems to take the longest and require several tries.
Let me just tell you about the booths I visited and promise photos for later.

Sizzix was a wonderland of dies. Card making is certainly part of the Maker trend and lots of great card making dies at the booth. Home decor is another big trend and Sizzix has some great supplies for that as well everything for special occasions. I did talk about Stephanie Barnard's card dies when I discussed the great class she taught here at Paper Arts. Lori Whitlock was teaching a card make and take at the booth showing her line. The dial card die she demonstrated made a fun card and she showed us a cute cupcake box. Eileen Hull has an adorable Country Kitchen line. Tim Holtz holiday dies look fabulous and Marissa Pawelko has a fun line for jewelry (another Maker trend) and journaling sure to appeal to a teen crowd or the young and funky at heart. This really is a booth where the eye candy is abundant so I'll be sure to add photos to this post when I get home and will put some up on Facebook. Added now!





Next stop was Graphic 45. Come Away With Me, the line used in the class I took was a definite favorite. Baby to Bride was as very uniform in value without much distressing or texture so it would have limited use for me except when I wanted something quite neutral. If one wanted to make die cut flowers or add a lot of  textural embellishing it certainly has the potential of "working well with other". It is a revival of an older line so must have a devoted following. The red and green in the Xmas line here is very easy to work with and the designs could fit a lot of styles from vintage to contemporary. It's a very usable and pretty line. I heard several buyers were going to purchase the Raining Cats and Dogs line and who could blame them. Classic Graphic 45 with gorgeous colors and illustrations and very usable. I loved this line, too!




The Crafter's Workshop once again has a great collection of designs for we stencil lovers. Their design team did some great work with these tools. I am sure you'll find several designs to love.  I particularly liked the grouped number stencil and the one with all the triangles.


So, off to check out the floor again today.
Later...

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...