Friday, May 30, 2014

Creative Team at GIS

It's official. I'm part of the new Creative Team at Get It Scrapped. http://debbiehodge.com/2014/05/meet-2014-2015-get-scrapped-creative-team/
Scrapbooking is a hobby that I love and is one that I am still able to do. It isn't very physically demanding and doesn't require a lot of time at once (you'll note how I said "at once" because we all know I can take hours on a page. I just do it over time).
Since GIS is one of my favorite hangouts, I've found that being part of the team does not require more of my time or effort. My hobby is just a bit more directed.
It is also a great learning opportunity. Yes! There is a theme in my life. Learning things! I do pay more attention to design. Not that my pages are so much better (and definitely I have much to still learn) as a result, though I'd like to think they are better than they have been. I like to talk design and GIS is a great place to do that.
If you make scrapbook pages and love to learn like I do, I hope you'll join us at Get It Scrapped/Masterful Scrapbook Design http://debbiehodge.com.
It's not so much about being perfect at the craft but learning to tell ones stories more effectively, to help one enjoy the process, and to help us to welcome others into our world by engaging them with our pages.
The women on the team have amazing talent and such sweet and delightful personalities. I'm loving being part of that family.


Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hurrah! I love your work.

Cindy deRosier said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...