Friday, March 30, 2012

What a Week!

 Well, those of you who follow me on Facebook already know about my cooking disaster! Though to be fair, since the Mac & Cheese was sublimely good, the mess got cleaned up, the sink repaired, it was a great success!
I've been working on the cleaning and organizing of my scrap room. Now that is a challenge! It is progressing though slowly.
The story for everyone else: The pasta pot was too heavy and it made my wonky left arm worse; so, when I picked up the little dish with the 2 tablespoons of flour for the roux with my left hand I dropped it because my hand was too weak. So, had to vacuum that mess. Then, probably for the same reason, knocked against the faucet with a pot and the faucet broke off sending water across the room. This required a big mop up and the need to go to the hardware store to buy a new one!
Bills are paid and fortunately personal and property taxes are better than expected this year. So, good!
My Mom is getting to re-locate to Victoria, BC. Wonderful news! I'm planning a trip up to help her move.
The main guest and family bathroom is nearing completion. Maybe next week? So exciting! It's looking good! Photos when it's done.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Hi Karen, thought I'd pop in!
Sorry to hear about the catastrophe!
Sounds like you've got it all under control!
My son's visiting for a couple weeks so haven't been blogging!
He's on leave (Navy), stationed in Esquimalt (Victoria) B.C.

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...