Thursday, March 16, 2017

Style decisions and Horses in the Morning

It is delightful to travel, but being home is nice. I am not getting as much done as I'd like, isn't that always what folk say? Stuff gets done, though, slowly.
I'm dealing with pain, of course. The neck flares a bit more quickly recently. Unfortunately, the doctor who did my epidurals left Stockton Kaiser, and they need to reschedule my appointment. It'll likely be this summer now instead of this month.
Yes, I do things like laundry and fitness that  I probably might avoid. I do feel these are things I must do, though. Getting fitter helps in the long run, even if short term it's a problem.

I have a stylist, Chantera Gunn.

Closet now



                                 Chantera




Some of the clothes headed for charity

Chantera helped me purge my closets. She did the heavy lifting and the decision making but let me keep a few things that do not fit what she deems my style, only if I promised to wear them in very particular circumstances. I rarely argued with her. The funny thing is after purging over 233 items of clothing, 41 pairs of shoes and 22 purses and assorted other articles, I feel like I have so many more clothes! I now can see how to put things together. Beautiful trendy stuff is no longer buried. If you live in the San Francisco/Sacramento area, you can out Chantera's services. I believe I now only need a few items to fill some gaps in my wardrobe or to update or pull together ensembles.

It does cost money for a stylist, but I think it will save a lot in the long run.


Today I had a brief spot on the Horses in the Morning podcast.

 


 I'm not a horse person; not that I did not want to be. My husband and I tried a trail ride early in our marriage, and his hip arthritis made him miserable. I decided I did not want to go down a path toward a passion of which he could not be a part; so, I have never taken riding lessons. Pity, as horses are the one animal to which I am not allergic. It was funny listening to the guest podcasters befuddled over horse terms. My word was "founder." I did not have a clue! To be in the know you can find a glossary of horse health terms here. Check out the March15 episode of Horse in the Morning with me and fellow podcast guests. Maybe there is a new show you'd like to follow on iTunes or Stitcher? Of course, you are always welcome to listen to A Creative Approach Podcast.

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...