Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Already late

 "The future started yesterday
And we're already late" - John Legend

I did learn a lot at GreenBiz17. Some folks are trying hard. Is the stent robust enough to let necessary sustainability measures get past the blockages? Many businesses are committed and spoke at GreenBiz17. The pace of plenary sessions was rapid with 15-minute topics, one after the other. There were longer breakout sessions for a more in-depth and experiential exploration of a subject.



I was very impressed with the biomimicry hike in the Tom Thumb area. Breath-taking scenery and a few teaching moments where function and form illustrated business principles. Another highlight for me was the presentation by Kara Hurst, director of global sustainability and social responsibility at Amazon. Packaging for the on-line market vs. the retail store presents several new challenges. Ideas and innovations include shipping a known container, prep-free packaging, and everyone's favorite - frustration-free packaging. E-shopping needs are different from shelf needs at a retail location. Of course, both sites want to reduce waste, protect the product from damage and have an easy to open package that is recyclable. Another highlight was the student presentations of innovations in technology and the younger grade school presentations on cities of the future. They give me hope in our youth. It is too bad, as the song says, that we are already late.

Phoenix was doubly great because it meant visits with family.

























I'm excited to be going to Florida to get away from the rain. Yes, even in Phoenix, there was rain. I'm even more excited to be able to learn more about podcasting. One does learn by doing, but a little expert advice can be helpful!
Only back from Phoenix for just a couple of days and then I'm off to Orlando and Podfest.  When people ask me what I do, I often say, "It's a story." Of course, I could just reply, "A dedicated life-long learner and storyteller." From craft and hobby products and ideas to sustainable business and then podcasting, it's a complicated life. In my opinion being interested makes one interesting.

Thanks to everyone who listens to A Creative Approach Podcast.  Become a member of the Facebook group and send feedback. Reviews at your favorite podcast directory are welcome, too. A Creative Approach Podcast is now available on Stitcher as well as iTunes.
For now, that is all.

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...