Thursday, February 26, 2015

Update


 It's been a while. Life just comes in torrents, at times. Doctor appointments, classes, friends all add up but while a busy life, I am not complaining.
Actually, had a procedure that has reduced my pain some and now, at least temporarily, I can increase my activity a bit. Maybe I can lose a bit more weight. I've kept off the big weight loss but still want to lose more. I recognize why I've not made more progress - too many calories in and not enough out. I'm anticipating a knee replacement the end of May so have that goal to achieve more. Less weight and more active now will help with my recovery. Then, when fall comes, I'll hope to be healed and have even more mobility.

PCO Dialogue digi kit, font Avenir


Digi Kit: The Sahlin Studio Shine Bright TDF72, Font: Charlemagne Standard Bold, Mommyish Glitter Silver Style and extra shadow styles, Yin Template 413 TDF 69


I do keep scrapbooking though not nearly as much as I'd like to do. Thank goodness for team assignments at Get It Scrapped, I get those pages done. The community gallery is welcome to all. Be sure to leave at least one comment on other pages for every layout you post. We are all about community there.
Scrap productivity may go up as I'm planning to attend a crop with scrappy friends soon at my LSS, It's All About the Scrapbook. March is also the month for a productivity challenge at Get It Scrapped. We play a wacky game called "Calvinball". Just like the games at the wonderful historic comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes, the rules change. The main rule is that there are no negative points. There is no prize, just one's own creative spurt, and we acknowledge that Celeste will win but Doris, and maybe some others, will give her a run for the money. Totally free and welcome to all. Do join us for this crazy adventure!
My goal, as always with the blog is two posts a month. I do sometimes post more but like to keep the stress down and the goal reasonable.
There's always a lot to do. Going to visit a couple of my granddaughters and attend a hockey game, too, soon. Trying to take a number of photos with my new camera. I've wanted a full frame camera for a while but the size and expense of those has been intimidating. I've been paying attention to the favorable comments about the Canon 6D with the 24-105mm IS STM lens. I took the plunge when the shutter on my Canon EOS xSi needed a repair and I love it. I did get the Rebel fixed but it will be a back up. The new camera is not much heavier than my Rebel (chosen for lightness because of my neck issues) and the pictures it takes are wonderful. Since it's still me taking the photos, and they look so much better, it has to be the camera! I do shoot in manual but the auto features on this camera would make anyone look like a pro, I'm sure. I'm so tempted to learn all the auto modes but really want to improve my camera skills in general; so, I'm going to wait on exploring those.
I'll try to post a few of my faves in the near future. I'm learning a bit more about editing, too.
Do be sure to join us at The Digiscrap Geek Podcast each week. It's not just digital scrapbooking, though we do talk geek, often. We have a lot of fun. Our guests are wonderful, too. Do leave us comments at the DSG blog. We love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Scrapthology said...

I know what you mean, life does get in the way of crafting but these are lovely pages so it's great that you make the time to create.

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...