Thursday, January 22, 2015

More observations from CHA

 I am not doing a comprehensive analysis of the CHA show. I just did not make it everywhere. I took a lot of classes and I do get tired and sore if I overdo. I was there several days and did get to check out quite a bit, though only just a few in any depth. This is where I miss the two shows a year. I will try to get to the Paper Arts show this summer where I'll check out the collections more thoroughly.
There are plenty of good review spots on the web and I'll direct you to some of them at the end of this post.
As any of you following CHA on the internet know - planners, multi-media and party were seen everywhere at the show. The show seemed smaller than in past and still featured a good number of paper lines though Basic Grey and Fancy Pants and once again, October Afternoon were missing.
A trip to my LSS (local scrapbook stores) is going to be necessary. I do like checking things out in person. Yes, I am fortunate to still have local stores, despite my favorite being long gone from the area.
Bright pinks and turquoise/light teal with plenty of gold were prominent - great bright colors for cards. Here's a quick look at some #American_Crafts products

Some manufacturers, like #Lawn_Fawn, did tone their colors in a couple of lines down a bit to fit the needs of scrapbook folk who want their photos to shine on the page. I always love the cute elements in Lawn Fawn's stamps and am happy they have dies to match these. You can get some lovely personalized die cuts for your pages that way. I've tried to use more cute elements on my scrapbook pages. Tiffany Tillman kindled my love of "cute" elements and they do help tell stories and sometimes add that bit of humor.
Here are a few treats from #Lawn_Fawn.
(Sorry about the slight blurriness in the photos. I need to get that lens checked out.)






Here are a few mixed media glimpses. Don't displays like #Faber-Castell and #Kirarina make you feel like you are in a candy shop? #Prima has some lovely new mixed media products, too.

















Note that a number of European manufacturers were seen at the show. I'm showing #Indigo Blu and #Pion here







Metal was big, too. Lots of gold at Teresa Collins. Shimelle had silver. Elsewhere, copper and iron looks both black and rusted were seen. Loved the mercury glass effect one can get with the mirror finish at Rustoleum! Glitter, lots of glitter. One of my favorite lines, that I looked at in more detail, was this one from crate paper, Craft Market.




I think that "fenestration" or seeing through windows is a popular design theme these days. In scrapbooking it's popular with the use of die cutting machines giving us negative spaces. Transparencies were popular at CHA, too. Especially mixed with foils. Stencils can give us that idea of a grid or design over a pattern, Memphis design comes to mind with a mix of pattern, too. In home decor and fashion we find lace, lace-ups, lattice, wire construction, peek-a-boo triangles and burned holes. I expect some of those ideas may find their way to be translated to paper.

Some sites to check out for CHA reports

Paperclipping

Scrapbook Update

Scraptime

Live from CHA - Charity Wings

May Flaum Designs



No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...