Thursday, September 25, 2014

Stella, I see the stars and think of you

 

Supplies: template – Aly Dosdall, BPC; inspiration – Studio Calico August Mood board; fonts – Bradley Hand, Arial; shadow actions – One Little Bird; kits – Shabby Miss Jean – Starfighters, TDF65: ange – eternally, tMartin – missing you, tmd – morethanallthestars, PCO: laidback & carefree, Karla Dudley – Bestie

Pastel Rainbow was a design trend that inspired this page for the Get It Scrapped Creative team blog contributions this month. I felt compelled to utilize stars for Stella. The template featured what I perceive as "cosmic rays." I used the blocks of the beams of light to place my pastel rainbow in this tribute page to my Mom. I've been thinking of her especially since her birthday month was October.

I had also chosen to do the "inspired by" challenge since those are my favorites. This month it was Corrie Jones. I include here a layout that was published and another that was not, both inspired by Corrie. Quality templates of Corrie's designs are available for members at Get It Scrapped. You may recall my "Gram and Her Sushi Roll" page based on a Corrie Jone's template. I encourage you to consider membership in Get It Scrapped as you'll discover a lot of value and fun at the site.


Supplies: gesso and light molding paste – Liquitex; stencil – Crafter’s Workshop: houndstooth; ink spray – Ranger; Dylusions, melted chocolate; felt embellishment- AC: Amy Tangerine, camera; rain dots – Cloud 9; glimmer glaze – Tattered Angels, sassy silver; alphas – AC Thickers: LAX, Pebbles ABC, Dear lizzy glitter; markers – Tim Holtz, Distress Markers, Ranger; wood veneer – Prima; sticker – Basic Grey: Pops; flair – October Afternoon; sticker – Basic Grey: Herbs & Honey; stickers – Freckled Fawn: August Kit, clear doodle; arrow paper clip – Two Peas in a Bucket; font – Avenir; date stamp – Sparko; ink – Staz On; stickers, buttons, flair, brads, washi tape, epoxy flower, ribbon, enamel dot, wood veneer – stash

Supplies: wooden stamp - Portafolio; stickers - Jillibean, Lawn Fawn and October Afternoon; patterned paper - crate paper:  pretty party, cake stand, Bella Blvd: snapshots!, My Point of View ; chipboard stickers - crate paper: pretty party; wood veneer - Studio Calico and Prima; gesso - Liquitex; alpha - AC Thickers: Amy Tangerine,Yes,Please; date stamp  - Sparko; ink - Staz On; shaped paper clips, stamps, enamel dots, flair, buttons, thread, water colors - stash

I had a lot of fun with these. As you can see, I created a mix of digi and paper layouts. I like digital, but it's not stopped my love of getting "down and dirty" with my paper crafting supplies. I may have a couple of both layouts going at once since I like to work in small segments and return to my project. I do submit my designs to the critique page at Get It Scrapped and receive helpful suggestions. In fact, I believe the changes I made to the page I featured in my last post are a nice improvement. I am happy with the suggestions I obtained. That extra orange helps direct your eye down the diagonal flow.


Hope you are getting a chance to listen to some of the episodes of the Digiscrap Geek Podcast. The latest show should be up in a couple of days. We are discussing trends. You'll note the concrete /texture with flowers and doily from the Vinnie Pearce kit I used with the Fiddle-Dee-Dee template.

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...