Sunday, September 8, 2013

Teddy Bear Museums

 Korea is the place for Teddy Bear enthusiasts. While there are a lot of museums in the world that feature Teddy Bears, there are only 13 devoted solely to Teddy Bears (according to the info I got in Korea). Google has not been helpful on this matter; so, I'm going with that as fact. Korea has eight of these teddy Bear Museums!
I toured Jeju with a family of four and the kids were teens with no passion for the bears. Needless to say, while I went by the one on Jeju Island I did not visit the Teddy Bear Museum there.
However, Seoul was a different matter. My women physician friends from the USA were open to all sorts of adventures. Since we had already got to the N Seoul Tower, with a Teddy Bear Museum at its base, we were going to make it a fairly complete experience with a whirlwind tour.
I loved the historical scenes and famous characters displayed at the museum and would encourage anyone who visits Korea to drop by a museum.
Korean people are warm and friendly and have a delightful sense of humor. It's no wonder they have embraced the All-American Teddy Bear with their own unique flair!
Here's a tour for you. From historical events to pop culture - the Teddy Bear stars in the presentation of Korea.






















































2 comments:

Gail said...

That's great!

Cindy deRosier said...

How fun! I love how all the bears are worked into the scenes.

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...