I was challenged in a class at Big Picture classes to scrap an event using this technique. I found these photos of Amanda and a dance recital and went for it. I found some WRMK divided page protectors in my stash and the photos made me think of a collection paper pad from Jenni Bowlin.
I found it very challenging and expensive. Even using my stash, the reprinting of the photos used a lot of ink and paper.
I think the result is fine and I'm likely going to try this again. I actually think pages that include several disparate photos might be easier for this technique.
I like the idea of journal cards. They let me use my Adobe Illustrator skills!
Some thoughts I had on the process:
Difficult. Event was a dance recital with terrible pictures (poorly lit room, back light, camera phone and red construction posts in background). Not sure where program is. Difficult to think of what to journal.
I found I thought of all the pockets as separate but coordinated pages, a bit like a mini album. Easier when photos could work together like the triptych on bottom of page.
I wanted each page to stand somewhat on it's own but also, like a two page LO to work with the other side. I think if it had not been a single event I would not have felt so compelled. I had chosen my paper because of the colors of the costumes and because that rose paper turned horizontal reminded me of the roses in the mouths of the dancers on my first page.