Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pocket Page Scrapbooking

 Now here's a trend that I have been slow to embrace, Project Life (Becky Higgins phrase and products) or Pocket Page scrapbook pages.
I was challenged in a class at Big Picture classes to scrap an event using this technique. I found these photos of Amanda and a dance recital and went for it. I found some WRMK divided page protectors in my stash and the photos made me think of a collection paper pad from Jenni Bowlin.
I found it very challenging and expensive. Even using my stash, the reprinting of the photos used a lot of ink and paper. 
I think the result is fine and I'm likely going to try this again. I actually think pages that include several disparate photos might be easier for this technique.
I like the idea of journal cards. They let me use my Adobe Illustrator skills!
Some thoughts I had on the process:

Difficult. Event was a dance recital with terrible pictures (poorly lit room, back light, camera phone and red construction posts in background). Not sure where program is. Difficult to think of what to journal.
I found I thought of all the pockets as separate but coordinated pages, a bit like a mini album. Easier when photos could work together like the triptych on bottom of page.
I wanted each page to stand somewhat on it's own but also, like a two page LO to work with the other side. I think if it had not been a single event I would not have felt so compelled. I had chosen my paper because of the colors of the costumes and because that rose paper turned horizontal reminded me of the roses in the mouths of the dancers on my first page.

So, enjoy and do post comments about what you do and do not like about pocket page scrapping or why you have never tried it.







1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

You did a great job! I haven't done pocket scrapbooking. I'm not really sure why, other than I'm happy with traditional 12x12 scrapbooking and don't feel the need to try it. Many of the pocket page LOs I see are too busy for my taste, so that may be part of what has stopped me from jumping in.

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...