Sunday, March 31, 2013

Getting in that second post of the month

 I've been so good about it, I'd hate to stop now. So, before midnight I'm composing a bit on my iPad.
I've been a bit tired and not feeling my best today. I did get a few chores done though my fatigue has most to do with the thunderstorm and rainwe had lst night. Didn't sleep well. We need the rain and the snow at high elevation so no complaining here. Everything looked so brigh and fresh today.
So much is in bloom around here. While the daffodils have come and gone the camellias linger and there are still many trees in bloom. If the weather is nice I may try a photo shoot tomorrow.
I'm definitely planning a grand baby photo shoot tomorrow. Cal got a cute photo of the young grandgirls today that looked so cute. We must get to visit them sometime soon.
So, lots of photos ahead. Since I'm not very adept with the iPad I'll not likely add any photos to this post tonight. Something I need to work on.Always so much to learn!
I like that though. Life long learner  is definitely a label I can live with.
Not much crafting this past week -just one scrapbook layout which I did post over on Flickr. I knew it needed work and got a lot of inspiration from a talk at Masterful Scrapbook Design. I love to layer but I don't always get it right. I learned a bit about shapes that I utilized to strengthen the design. Both examples are over at Flickr. Visual triangles and color repetition are good to keep I mind. I like learning and that's one of the things that makes me happy about scrapbooking. Not that it's the ideal for everyone. Some folks just like to follow another's design or go with just a couple of basic designs. As long a one has fun I think any approach is great. I do that with my art pieces, too. Have fun, see what works and if I'm in the mood really work on making the project "better". If you are a Scrapbooker, and sometimes want things "better" you should check out the classes offered at Get It Scrapped and Masterful Scrapbook Design.i have a lot of fun there. This is a unpaid ad for those sites, LOL! Really, if you are a Scrapbooker check it out.
Well, I did say i was tired; so, I ought to weapthis up. I promise not too many blog posts in the future without photos and I'll try for more than two in a month. I do promise two though, even at literally the 11th hour, LOL!

1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

You do a lot of unpaid ads for a variety of classes and sites! Where are your royalties?! :)

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...