Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas is almost over



Well, almost over. Still a couple of prizes. Comment on this post for a $20 gift certificate to Big Picture Classes.
Crazy busy day! Got my hair done which takes FOREVER! Always looks fabulous, though. That part I like.
Got some great hot pink bras at Loehmann's for not much, like that, too. So went to JoAnn's (Yes, conversation hearts there, I figured if M had them then J did also, so, THX), and of course I did not find quite what I wanted to go with any of the ideas I had. However, new ideas! I plan on a "Hello Kitty" themed bra with fuzzy polyester fleece HK designs and bows and heart bling, too.Probably black buttons if I have the time. The other one will feature flowers, mostly pre-made ones. Since we are doing the flash mob to honor Cheryl Waters (seen in middle above between Kelly-Jo and Wendy-Jo) and her cancer fight, with our Be Aware Foundation donation, I think I'll put some handmade Cheryl-like flowers on it. Of course a little glitter and bling will be added but mainly flowers.
I'll have to see which design works out when I actually put these ideas together. Obviously a creative process! I may let you folks vote IF I'm done in time. Note: big IF.
Tomorrow my cleaning lady will be here so I think we'll start to take down some of Christmas. The pressure of being gone for CHA is getting to me. I ride around on a handicapped scooter while there and talk to people. It's not like I do anything profound; but, being gone can be stressful. Just too soon after the holidays this year.
So, after the cleaning tomorrow it's chores - crafting and packing and making sure things are tidy and bills paid.
I chose my One Little Word for this year. It is COMPOSE. I think being creative and calm are worthy aspirations for 2013. Did any of you choose a word for the year?

10 comments:

Marianne B in AZ said...

Love the picture of Cheryl and the Jo, Jo's! I was lucky enough to meet Kelly Jo while she was still a lead. Cheryl and I know that we will share a physical (vs. virtual) hug one day. I wish it could be soon. She certainly deserves as many as she can get right now! Can't wait to see your bra!

kellystar said...

HOpe everyone posts lots of pics from this flash mob--wish I could be there to participate. I know Cheryl will love it! Love your OLW--compose. Mine is "be".
Happy New Year

Cindy deRosier said...

Compose - what an interesting word! Looking forward to hearing how you do with it. My word is Try.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love that photo!! I sure miss those ladies.

No word for me. Maybe it should be Stress with a line running through.... I so need less stress this year. Only 3 days back at work and I am already feeling it. Ugh.

You are such a lucky gal to get to go to CHA. I just got back from Anaheim... But that was for Disney.

starlipermom said...

My word might have to be three words. Cut the clutter. Also love the picture. :)

BethW said...

I agree-great pic.You help with the Charity Wings CHA doings-I think that's pretty profound.I'm pretty sure I'm going with simplify I think.

Tona said...

That is a wonderful picture of Cheryl & her cohorts. I just finished an ATC for Cheryl that I will pop into the mail on Monday.

Nadigrl said...

I got my hot pink bra ready for the flash mob, just got to bling it out now!

Sandy #1781 said...

It's been fun sharing the 12 days of Christmas with you Karen and catching up. Today's picture is a great one for sure.

Karen Poirier-Brode said...

Kellystar you won this prize!

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...