Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Having fun - inspiration


Yesterday, I decided to sit down at the computer and do some long overdue editting of my friend's wedding photos to make them a CD. I was tired after a spell at that, after a rest I decided to get out my project stash to work on. I found a half finished SEI minibook/display piece and set to work finishing it and using some of those wedding photos. After that was done, another break, and then I picked up my latest copy of Scrapbooks, Etc. One of the first articles was Inbox where readers share their projects. SB, etc suggested scraplifting pages from the magazine and submitting what we do. I thought "Hmm, doing that might be a good challenge to get some pages done and use up my stash quickly." As I continued through the magazine I looked at a article title Made in Minutes with a LO titled time with dad. There was a scraplift alternative on the page and I got to thinking about the Inbox article. As I sat thinking, I looked over at my table. There were papers and patterns that seemed familiar. I looked at them and at the photo in the article. Grid pattern, small scale checked plaid, number strip (echo park, left from a project the other day), stripes that lay diagonal on the table and thus begged to be cut on a bias strip, dotted ribbon, my embroidery floss. "Fate", I said. I only had to run to my scrap room for a couple of items. I have a jar of Jenni Bowlin buttons that I've been thinking needed to be used. I remembered a strip of dotted ribbon in my brown ribbon stash. I also had run out of the sticker half pearls that came with the SEI kit but checked my bling stash and found some orange ones. I did retrieve my EK success rick-rack punch, too. I was set. The subject was easy, too. It may have just been Father's Day but thoughts turned to Mom. The number strip made me remember her days as a kindergarten teacher. The LO was born. It took little time to complete so definitely was made in minutes and the decision making which usually takes a lot of the time was dictated by what I had available. No purchases necessary! I'm pretty darn happy with this simple LO, too. I, also, accomplished a part of my scraplifting goal.Fun!

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...