Monday, July 9, 2012

Inspiration

 I'm taking Nic Howard's class at Big Picture Classes for the second time. Her Dimensional Details clas is so inspiring. I'm also loving Shimelle Laine's blog posts and videos, too. Lots of layering; so, that, too, is inspiring.
Here are a couple of LO's I've just completed that use inspiration from both.

Love putting in texture, layers, little elements. the paint splashes and stamping were inspired by Shimelle and I loosely followed Nic's page design. Still, I do not think this is "scraplifted", more "inspired by".
Likewise the second layout where I've used Nic's ideas of curling edges and cutting out the middle, torn edge (my tag where she tore a paper layer), distressed photo edges and Shimelle's layering and transparency and tag combo, though my transparency was designed to be used like this.
It's fun to use inspiration techniques and page plans to jump start one's own creative process. Using more than one inspiration can be tricky, you cannot use everything from both. It's a nice way to work on one's own style though.


No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...