Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Congrats Sherry Cartwright! And Happy Fourth to everyone!

 Well, it just hit 9 pm California time and Sherry was picked by my random access number generator to win the prize. Congrats to her. Hope you are all having a fabulous 4th of July. We enjoyed the fireworks across the street last night. It's fun meeting the folk who drive over to our street to watch. Some nice folk sat on our lawn last night. Sometimes I wish they'd shut down the street while the fireworks are on, I'm afraid there might be an accident. At least, the traffic does slow down. Best show they've ever had. We worried the full moon might be too bright for a good show, no worries.

We went over to Starbucks to watch our annual neighborhood parade - probably the shortest one ever! Still, that meant none of us got heat stroke!
Here are some photos:
Kids with patriotic spirit.
Eat your hear out, Rush. The Real Housewives of Rio Linda!
Decorated trucks may have outnumbered the cars this year.
More patriotic decorated cyclists. I always like it when I see kids participating.

Just stopped a moment to watch TV and the national fireworks show in Washington, DC. Looks pretty awesome. On the other hand, Cal told me once as we looked out over the Potomac during an intermission at the Kennedy Center,during a lightening and thunderstorm,  "Best fireworks show I've ever seen." As much as I love fireworks, I'm forced to agree!
Sherry, please send your snail mail address to me at poirierbrodekaren@gmail.com. Thanks everyone for entering or sending kind comments.

2 comments:

Tona said...

Congrats to Sherry!
You took a great photo of the fireworks.

sherry said...

Wooohoo, that's me! Thank you!

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...