Monday, May 24, 2021


Spring is rushing into summer here in NorCal this mid-May. Not very hot yet, but the roses came out in a flurry right on time for Mother's Day and have now settled into a steady blooming pattern.
I mentioned in the last post that I love Scrapbooking, and I've been at it this month. ScrapHappy.org has the yearly May LOAD going, and I'm keeping up. I was late posting one day, but I have an acute ruptured disc in my back, so doing anything is pretty amazing.
It's a setback as it is in a pretty tricky spot and my doctor checks on me. I'm doing the usual - prednisone and physical therapy - stretching. Avoiding much impact, etc. Lying down and standing a while were giving me the most grief before the steroids. 
As I take up this post again, last day for steroids and feeling pretty good.
My life is so quiet these days. Being at home has made me understand the power of the goddess Hestia.
Jean Shinoda Bolen talks about archetypes and how we can use them. Hestia, the goddess of the household, heals with tasks and routines, and rituals. All very important. I think cleaning up and trying to do a scrapbook page a day connects me inside of myself. 
I'm working on a podcast interview I did over a year ago to get it ready to put on my site. I have another fascinating discussion to review, too. Several ideas for guests are in my mind as well. As the stress of this past year ebbs, developing ideas takes shape, and I look to being very productive with things I love.



No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...