Saturday, May 1, 2021

I love Scrapbooking

 


Today is iNSD, international National Scrapbook Day, and the start of a month-long challenge at ScrapHappy.org, where members try to create and post a new layout every day. I love the challenges. Scrapbooking is basically a collage way of telling stories. In this challenge, I use sketches and templates (like this one from Fiddle-Dee-Dee.)  

I change them up a lot, and while I may use kits of design elements, they are rarely one kit. The kit elements I used here are all from Lynn Grieveson Designs, as this is a Digi page.

I like both Digi and "lumpy" scrapbooking. I used to call it paper, but a friend, George, inspired this term. As I like to pile on embellishments, it seemed an appropriate description. It's not fine art. It is storytelling, and I find it a lot of fun.

There are many methods of storytelling, scrapbook pages in various sizes, pocket style, illustrated journals, mini-books, and just using social media, like FB and blogging. I tend to do 12x12 scrapbook pages and use this site and Facebook for my stories.

I try to use art principles on my pages and check my pages for Leah Dickenson's page rules - color, texture, pattern and shine. I think it hones my collage skills to scrapbook.

My albums are a combination of digital and "lumpy" pages, and pages get assigned to albums depending on the subjects of the pages - like this one will be put in the Karen & friends album.

I like the social aspect of this hobby, too. These days it's mostly online. I am considering an in-person crop next week. I believe there will be proper precautions with distancing and limited numbers. I have a personal HEPA filter, will wear two masks, and take frequent outdoor breaks. I do not plan to eat or drink around others. (A shame, snacks are a usual part of an in-person crop).








No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...