Tuesday, June 15, 2021

I'm so very fond of telling stories in Scrapbook pages

 I have taken a renewed interest in my personal passions. I'm working on my podcast, but that is going slowly.
I've organized my craft room and have space to scrapbook and do painting and drawing.
I'm planning on more book-making in August if all goes well.
Recently, I'm not just scrapbooking but doing scrap challenges. For example, I did the layout-s-day challenge with ScrapHappy in May.
I put together a scrapbook kit for Counterfeit Kit Challenge and used it to make several pages and cards. There was one last page that I did not complete but got started to work on another time.
The May Counterfeit Kit Challenge was based on Eat, Play, Love by Close to My Heart.

Here's my version of the kit:



Also, here is LO's and cards I created from the kit:











Now, CKC encourages making some elements of the page by hand. I did some mixed media backgrounds on two pages and did some hand stitching on a couple. I did not add much from my stash to augment my kit to make these pages. I definitely used up the paper from the kit and made a significant dent in the embellishment collection I compiled in it.

At some point, I'll put together a collage of my May LOAD pages. I feel so proud of myself for completing all 31 LOAD pages. And, I made several more pages last month "just for fun!"


No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...