Wednesday, July 30, 2014

CHA Paper Arts in the Afternoon

CHA had a snack available for lunch with a very refreshing Basil Lemonade. I liked it. I continued on from Pink Fresh to Hot Off the Press where I found they were featuring a heat resistant acetate. Great for heat embossing and can be used in an embossing folder. I have some photos on Facebook of lovely embossed cards demonstrating this product. They had a line of die cut cards with the side step cards that are very popular now. For those who have held out against machines they also have templates for hand cutting card pieces. Some fun colorful die cut pads with darling art suitable for party decor also caught my eye in this booth.

Next was Anna Griffin's booth with a new Halloween line, Spooktacular, and an American Patriotic line, madison,  that was quite feminine and beautiful. Lots of lovely products and examples in this vendor location.
The Halloween line was black, white, cream and kraft with orange. The patriotic line was suitably red, white and blue with a darker shade of blue and a navy, too.


Across the way was Spellbinders and I heard a lot of excitement about this booth last evening so I definitely wanted to check this out. They have expanded into a line of products to work with their dies. Solid card stock, patterned paper, embossing folders, threads, liquid inks, ink pads, and stamps that co-ordinate with the dies. The designer of this Celebra'tions line is Richard Garay. It's a 12 color co-ordination group in simple clean graphic design, very contemporary.


All the old favorites and those delicate nostalgic designs are not forgotten at Spellbinders and were beautifully displayed.
I drifted over to Stampendous, whose class I took yesterday, and their Creative Palette, that I used in class, was the featured product. They also were demonstrating their glitters and embossing powders like the fabulous Gilded Mica Fragments. These had been attached to a die cut double sided adhesive leaf shape and I loved how it was flexible and didn't flake off when I bent and twisted the leaf.


That was not the entire afternoon I did move on to a few more booths before deciding a break for the day was in order, but next post for those.

No comments:

My continuing dating saga

 This morning, I criticized a supposed professional for lousy spelling when replying to a brief text message on a dating site. If grammatica...